21 May Course Report – April & May
Your New Green Keeper
Simon Rothwell is TGC’s new green keeper. Simon is a keen golfer and has played Todmorden before so knows the course and know the requirements to get that, and the greens, back to their best.
Simon will join us at the end of the month but has already laid out the plan for the revitalisation of the course and greens. Until Simon is with us in full, there will be additional support to maintain the course with a consultant working with Chris, Mark and Steve Hughes who is helping out again.
- we will be doing an aeration programme through this year and starting at the beginning of June.
- this includes solid-tining them to help with drainage.
- they will be scarified to take out the extra grasses that were allowed to set in them.
- alongside the aeration they will be over-seeded and top-dressed to give them a much better grass coverage and help them roll truer.
- we will start a fertiliser programme to accelerate growth and improve the look of them quickly.
- we will be getting the bunkers on the 3rd finished ASAP to improve the look there and get those areas back in play as soon as we can.
- also the rest of the bunkers will be getting edged and the sand fluffed up to keep them looking and playing well.
- full course TLC will be going ahead cutting and general upkeep to the fairways tees and to the rough to have the course looking and playing in great condition for members.
- there will also be new flags bought to brighten up the greens as well with the Todmorden logo on.
And on a personal note from Simon, “I look forward to getting started and doing some great work up at TGC and giving you a great course to play on”